Thanks to ProAV.co.uk and Canon UK, I got to borrow a pre-production C200 early last month, and I shot a first impressions video review. Sorry for the delay in editing, but I have been working on a big project since then. I will hopefully be able to share information about that with you very soon!
Here is a quick recap of the main features of the camera
- Internal 4K recording with Cinema Raw Light or MP4 format up to 50p/60p!
- Continuous 120fps (maximum) High Frame Rate Full sensor at Full HD (no crop!)
- Up to 15-stops dynamic range (Cinema raw Light), 13 stops when not using raw
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with touch screen LCD
- Up to 10 stops of Internal ND
Here is the review, not as long as my old style reviews, but this isn’t a proper long term test, just first impressions. Enjoy!
I really like the camera, although there are some caveats which I talk about in the review. Will I buy one? If I were loaded, maybe, but I am not, and I am also happy with my Sony FS7 and FS5. But that dual pixel AF is tempting. The Panasonic EVA 1 due out later this year looks great…let’s see what that is like!