Yes, it’s that time of the year again; although I am rather late getting the campaign started, we still have until the 12th of December, so hopefully, together, we can raise a lot of money again this year.
If you’ve never heard of Movember, then let me explain. It is a charity set up initially to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer research and treatment. It now includes testicular cancer and mental health, which is very apt for me.
Prostate cancer took the life of my grandfather and almost took the life of my uncle. Because his dad died from it, he got tested as he was over 45, and it showed he had early signs of it. That was 25 years ago. He wouldn’t be here today if he hadn’t gotten tested. This cancer is very treatable if caught early!
Men and some creative women worldwide grow moustaches to raise awareness of the cause and ask for donations to their fundraising campaigns.
Earlier this year, I was humbled to receive Movember’s lifetime achievement award for raising over £265,000 in the last 16 years. It was only possible with all the people who donated and the companies who donated the prizes!
This year is slightly different as I have two separate prize draws, this one and one for my “One Man Five Cats” YouTube channel. It’s the same campaign, but I am keeping them separate as I am sure someone entering to win the $650 Litter Robot 4 self-cleaning litter box won’t be interested in a FilmConvert Nitrate license!! If you are interested in entering the cat draw, then click here!
Let me explain how it works for you
If you donate £10/ $13 or more to my campaign and then send me the receipt, you get entered into the prize draw. The more times you donate, the greater chance you have of winning. Last year, Justin Clayton entered 33 TIMES and won 5 prizes!!
It’s effortless to enter; follow these steps.
- Go to this link which takes you directly to the donation page
- This will ask you to put in your donation amount and personal details.
- Ensure the amount is at least £10 (roughly $13 or whatever the exchange rate is. You can donate more, of course, but £10 is the minimum to qualify for entry into the prize draw. This is important as I cannot enter you into the prize draw otherwise. Once you have donated, you will get emailed a receipt; please forward that to me at Movember@PhilipBloom.net .
- You can enter as many times as possible; repeat step 3. Please email each entry separately, not as multiple attachments, as it makes organising entries much easier for me. Thanks!
- It is open to anyone worldwide, not restricted to the UK.
- Entry closes on the 8th of December at 23.59 GMT.
- One prize per ticket.
- Any import/ duty taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. If you win something you don’t want, please email me ASAP to let us know, and we will do a re-draw later.
- The exact live prize draw date will be announced as soon as the entries are organised. It will be before Christmas.
- You donate directly to an organisation representing the charities – nothing goes to me. This is not a lottery; this is not gambling; you are helping raise money for Movember by entering into a prize draw for all the gear that many companies have donated.
First up are my new and beautiful diffusion filters, “Bloom Gold”, made by Formatt Hitech in the UK. There are nine up for grabs with a choice of size and 1/4 or 1/8 strength. The range in cost from the 49mm at £67 to £109 (excluding VAT) for the 82mm ones.
Here’s my video all about there!
DJI has once again stepped up with some fantastic prizes! TWO Mavic 3 Classics with DJI RC worth $1750 each! Not just that but two sets of the DJI Mic with two TX and one RX with the charging case worth $249 each! Thanks so much, guys!
Aputure has again generously stepped up after over a decade of supporting my Movember campaign with three fantastic prizes!
Lukas from Kondor Blue has again donated some terrific prizes, there’s cage of your choice with a remote trigger top handle. On top of that there’s a $50 voucher. Thanks Lukas!
Next up are MZed, who again are taking part. There are three annual MZed Pro memberships up for grabs, chock full of incredible filmmaking courses, including my two, which I am very proud of. There are also three copies to own forever of my recent course, “Filmmaking For Photographers.”
Those lovely Australians have donated one of their incredible Wireless Pro, which is the latest version of their wireless microphone system with two transmitters and one receiver. What makes these really special is both transmitters also record 32-bit float audio internally and the receiver is a timecode generator. They are AMAZING and worth £400!
Shane and Lydia Hurlbut have donated an annual all-access membership to the Filmmakers Academy worth $449.99. Thanks, guys!
The guys from New Zealand have been a part of my Movember fundraiser for as long as they’ve been around! They’ve generously donated three bundles of the ever-amazing Film Convert Nitrate with their amazing soon-to-be-released Halation add-on, as well as 3 licenses of their amazing Cinematch!
Long-time supporters of my Movember campaigns are Musicbed/ Filmsupply, who have again been generous this year with two $360 credits for any of their services!
Once again, Instamic is taking part in my campaign with TWO their SUPERB 32-bit float stereo Instamic Pro Plus. This is a brilliant body recorder with the huge plus of having 32-bit float recording. It’s worth $160!
Zacuto has donated to every Movember fundraiser, and this year, they are again being amazingly generous with a $5oo voucher so you can choose what you want. Thanks so much, guys!
Once again, Accsoon is generously taking part and has pledged two prizes. Their superb new SeeMo Pro, worth $349, which I made a video on that you can see below and their new slider, the Toprig s60 (the longer version of the s40), which costs $400! I have one, and it is really really good! Check out the videos of both prizes below.
New this year are Freewell, who make some of the best filters out there. I made a video on their superb K2 variable ND system earlier this year and use their filters for all my drones. They have generously donated LOADS of different prizes. Thanks so much, guys!!
Here’s some huge prizes from the wonderful team at Triune Digital; they have amazingly donated FIVE copies each of VFX Library V1 and Triune Filmmaker essentials. Each is worth £285! Thanks guys!
There will be loads more prizes added soon, so make sure you enter!! Thank you!