I saw this at NAB and this looked great. The legendary Technicolor have created a custom picture profile for the Canons to get the best and flattest image out of the cameras. Well Vincent LaForet has done a couple of little tests and it clearly shows more details in shadows giving the camera more latitude. You can read Vincent’s detailed blog here and see many comparisons. It really makes a hell of a difference as you can see below between the neutral profile settings I recommend and the Technicolor one.
- The elusive work/ life balance....can you achieve success AND have a life?
- 10+ steps to becoming mega successful in video production and probably winning many awards whilst becoming super rich!!
- UDPATED!! The camera conundrum: The endless choice of which camera to buy!!
- Video review of the BlackMagic Cinema Camera!!
- Review of the Canon 5DmkIII now with full video review and footage
- Review of Sony FS700! Both parts now live!!
- Final short film for Sony using the FS100 "Portrait of a boxer"
- Full Frame Shootout: Review of Nikon D800, D4 and Canon 5DmkIII
- The tale of Lucasfilm, Skywalker Ranch, Star Wars and Canon DSLRs on a 40 foot screen!
- Part 1 and 2 now live!! The Christmas mini shootout with the C300 (pre-production), F3, FS100, hacked GH2 and more!!
- Which...lenses to buy?
- Canon DSLRs: some of the best picture profiles out there
- Lucasfilm's "RED TAILS" that I helped shoot on Canon DSLRS open's 20th January in the US! Go see it!
- NAB 4: New Zacuto products including innovative follow focus on hand grip the "Tornado"
- "How to start a revolution" wins Best Documentary at Raindance and Boston Film Festival!
- Which lenses for your GH1/ GH2/ AF100/ AF101 etc...?
- Canon C300 review and short film "Le Mont, La Pluie et La Nuit"
- To buy a Scarlet or not to buy, that is the question...