EDIT: It’s almost upon us. I leave tomorrow. It’s going to be the best workshops ever, please watch the little video above! There are a few tickets left so hurry! We won’t just be covering Canons despite the name! :)

I am very excited by this news. Myself and Canonfilmmakers.com (my assistant Cristina Valdivieso and my great friend Jon Connor) have been planning this for months, ever since the first Canon Filmmakers Live event in Philly earlier this year.

Basically I am taking my DSLR workshop to 12 cities across the USA in 30 days. It’s going to be a huge undertaking but a very exciting one. A chance to share what I have learned shooting with all my DSLRs. Passing on my knowledge about everything from camera settings, to what you need to get going, to ways to get around limitations, sound recording, post workflow, timelapse and much more. It’s your chance to meet many people like yourselves, to ask my as much as you want and I hope to have a really educational and entertaining day culminating in an exclusive meet up where we can get to know each more socially over a drink or two and a bit of filming perhaps!

Although called Canon Filmmakers Live I will be covering other cameras too, like the GH2,  the AF100 and probably even the F3! But you don’t need a DSLR to come. Just a passion and a desire to learn.

The site is live and booking is already full steam ahead. Space is of course limited. The cool thing is each venue is superb and full of character. No stuffy hotel conference rooms here. A lot of them are proper movie theaters, so your chance to see DSLR footage on the big screen! For example we are at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin!

For all the cities we are visiting go to the CanonFilmmakersLive.com website and book your place and I cannot wait to see you there. Sorry if I am not coming to your city but we had some tough choices to make, cities I have already done workshops in like Boston and NY were sidelined for new places like Denver and Atlanta for example. I really wanted to do Portland but we couldn’t squeeze it in. We will be in Seattle so I hope you can drive up and join us there Portland residents!

Comments

1. Kirk Gillon says:

Great news Philip! I definitely will reserve my space in Miami!
    Thanks – Kirk Gillon

2. Tim James says:

Sorry to see that you’re not coming back to NYC. But I’m hoping to finally make it to one of these. Maybe Chicago, or Washington, DC.

3. I was going to send you an email to see if you were doing workshops in Florida next year. I guess that answers my question. haha.

Can’t wait!

4. Just signed up for the March one in Seattle. March 2011 seems so far away! :)

5. Carl Olson says:

Finally! The Mr. Philip Bloom in Atlanta, Georgia. Looking forward to seeing you there, Philip. Kudos to Cristina and Jon for organizing this event.

6. abeduenas says:

can’t wait, I’m going to the ATL one fo sure.

7. Michael Shaw says:

Very cool.

Already signed up for Denver.

8. mark olson says:

Just signed up for the Albuquerque event. Can’t wait. Hope they have some nice pubs.

9. Dan McComb says:

The King Cat Theater, where you’ll be speaking in Seattle, is a nice big venue with seating for about 900 DSLR film lovers. I’ll be one of them.

god i hope it’s not as big as that!

10. Joel Godin says:

Anyone see any dates and cities anywhere? Links just go round and round.

thats weird i just clicked both links, both the one in the text and the image and both go here http://www.canonfilmmakerslive.com and work fine…let mw know…

p

1. Joel Godin says:

Yes, it’s working for me today. Thanks.

11. See you in SF… I got a quite a group coming (I’m sure most will back out :P ) but still see you there!

12. Jordan.Pearcey says:

It’s a shame that you can’t make it to Portland, I would be there for sure! Seattle is just a little to far for me…

sorry Jordan, we simply could not make every city. 3 hours drive away isn’t too far is it? It’s the closest I will get…I am sure loads of other Portland people are coming so you could car pool?

1. Burk Webb says:

Bummer about Portland. Phil, you would love it. We pretty much only do three things; drink craft beer, shoot with DSLRs & race cyclocross.

13. Josh Beadle says:

Signed up for the San Fran show. Philip, please bring me one of those pretty red, very back-ordered Pocket Dollies.
    Your loyal subject,
    -Josh

14. looking forward to meeting you in austin, philip! i just hope i don’t forget everything i learn after a couple of beers…

15. Any chance we can have one (or more) of your valuable sessions in the UK one day soon? We’re feeling a bit left out and jealous :)

don’t make me beg Philip!!!

Someone has to arrange one and have not been asked!

16. Living in South Carolina I could go to Miami or Atlanta with close to the same travel times. I’m looking for the most scenic place to visit (Love a huge city above all! Sky scrappers etc!) for of course filming and photography as well. What venue do you recommend Philip? Let me know so I can order and be prepared :)

i am the wrong person to ask!!

1. Rod Guajardo says:

Philip, looking forward to seeing you and the gang in Austin, as well as meeting other shooters in the Central Texas area. Thank you for coming back to the ATX!

2. Miami is a magnificent place to shoot, we have art deco architecture in Miami Beach, beautiful people, a cityscape on the bay… needless to say a beautiful place to shoot, and warm pleasant weather, lots of rum drinks, oh and bikinis…

17. Luke Lasley says:

Hello There!
    This looks like it will be quite fun.
    I’m plan to attend the workshop in SF.
    I understand that your planned age demographic is that of people over 21.
    I’m 17. Would you by chance know if the venue you are attending after permits those of us under 21?
    Thanks and see you there!

as far as i know you are fine at all the locations…

18. Nic Stacey says:

Hi there,
    Not sure if this is exactly the right place to do this but I’m looking for a 5d shooter with sound kit near to Edwardsville Illinois who might be able to do a short interview with someone for a BBC project I’m working on. Please contact me @ nic.stacey@furnacetv.com with a CV if you are interested/ available.

PS. Love the blog by the way Phil! Doing 2 part series entirely on DSLR for BBC (hopefully) HD transmission. Blog has been extremely helpful along the way.

19. Registered today for Atlanta, looking forward to it.

20. ryan sisco says:

Hey Philip, does seattle still have tickets? I sure would hate to miss this.

1. ryan sisco says:

Well I just signed up with my brother for the seattle workshop. So I’ll see you there. I can’t WAIT!

21. Look forward to seeing you here in Miami. You mentioned bringing our cameras – should we bring our rigs to shoot? Will we have time to shoot ourselves?

Thanks,

Pascal

22. wbrock001 says:

I’m glad the fundraiser went so well, I hope their recovery is moving forward quickly! Thank you for the bonus of winning the spot in the Canon Filmmakers tour, I want to come and see you at the Dallas presentation…is there anything I have to do, or will my name be on some list, so I just show up? Thank you again and I’m looking forward to meeting and learning from you. I’ll bring my pimped out AF100! Woo hoo!

Bill

23. Mookie says:

Tough to read this blog entry and comments… the venetian blind banner at the top keeps scrolling the entire page up and down up and down up and down… anyway, looking forward to the workshop. Is there a forced limit on numbers? As mentioned the King Cat in Seattle could host a convention…

24. roman sydor says:

Hey Philip, I can’t wait, 9 days and counting MIAMI !

25. tbarbini says:

Philip
    Looking forward to this Friday in Miami. Should be a fun event!

26. Perhaps not the place, but what the hey. I’m headed up for Seattle from Portland for the workshop. I’d be willing to carpool for any interested parties. Click my name and send me a message!

27. roman sydor says:

You out did yourself again! A great time in Miami, always great things to learn and meeting great people with similar interests!

See you in Toronto! at the Profusion 2011

link: http://profusionvideoexpo.com/

87 days, 10 hours and 2 min and 11 seconds

28. Really looking forward to tomorrow in LA. Should be a great day.

29. Jarod Pace says:

I am really bummed that I had to miss out on this, I was pretty excited, but I had just started a new job and couldnt get off. I heard it was amazing, I hope that you do this again at some point.